Difficulty: Medium Cook Time: 30 Mins
Minestrone Soup With Pasta Beans & Vegetables is a full meal in itself! It is a delicious warming soup in winter and keeps hunger pangs at bay! Especially when you are trying to lose weight for Christmas!
- Into a large saucepan, heat the oil and add the leek, garlic and oregano, cooking gently for 5 minutes, stirring occassionally.
- Stir in the green beans and red kidney/cannellini beans. Add the pasta and the stock and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to simmer.
- Cook for 10 minutes until pasta is cooked and vegetables are tender.
- Add the tomatoes. Cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring occassionally.
- Season to taste. Stir in the shredded basil and serve.