Yields: 2 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 40 Mins Total Time: 50 Mins
Pan Fried Hake with Slim R Us Risotto.
- Start with making the risotto first! This is the basic Healthy Risotto recipe. No cream or cheese, and just a tiny bit of butter! You can then add in frozen peas / mushrooms /sweetcorn /any vegetables at the end!
- Heat half the oil and butter in a pan. Save the rest of the oil for the fish.
- Add the onion and gently fry for about 5-6 minutes until just lightly brown.
- Add the rice and all the vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Traditionally, risotto is made adding the stock in batches, but this version allows for it all to be added at once.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and stir well. Put on a tight fitting lid. Cook for at least 15 minutes until the rice is almost tender.
- Add whatever vegetables you wish at this stage.
- Season with salt and ground black pepper
- Cover and cook for another 2 minutes until the frozen vegetables, if you are using those, are cooked. Pan Fried Hake
- Using a large non stick frying pan, heat the oil.
- Dust the fish with the flour. Give it a gentle tap to remove any excess flour.
- Season the fish with salt, and ground black pepper. Place the fish skin side down on the pan.
- Cook for around 1 to 2 minutes until the skin is just starting to crisp.
- Turn over and cook for a further 3 -4 minutes. It really depends on how thick the fillets are. To check if it is cooked - if you are unsure - insert a metal skewer into the thickest part of the fish. It should slide in easily and be warm to the touch.