Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 2 Mins Cook Time: 5 Mins Total Time: 7 Mins
Poached Egg on Toast is one of the tastiest breakfasts to enjoy!
- Poached egg served on a slice of wheaten toast. This can also make a very tasty lunch The easiest way to poach an egg is to bring a deep pan of water to a simmer. Use a very fresh egg.
- Do not add salt at this stage as it tends to break up the egg white.
- Add a splash of vinegar to the water.
- Crack your egg on to a saucer first.
- Using a slotted spoon, stir the water, making a gentle whirlpool.
- Slide the egg into the water. Make sure it is just a gentle bubble & not too hot.
- Simmer for about 3 minutes until the white has set.
- Remove with the slotted spoon & drain on kitchen paper